A Positive mental attitude can help you stay focused if you’re optimistic. If you’re expecting bad things to happen, then they probably will. On the other hand, expecting good things to happen will help you to have a positive mental attitude.
For example, remaining positive should boost your confidence. It should help you find solutions to any challenges that you’re facing and be able to deal with them immediately.
When your busy working toward a goal and an obstacle arises, you have two choices.
- You can say, “Oh no. What’s happening to me now! I can’t stop feeling this negative emotion!” Then use this challenge as an excuse to give up.
- You can say, “Okay, so what can I do to get around this?” Then you can decide on the best way to handle the challenges that you’re facing.
If you choose no.1, you’re allowing negative thoughts to take control, and probably wouldn’t achieve your goals.
However, if you choose no.2, you’re formulating options that bring hope. That is, dependent on your first solution. If this does not work, you have an opportunity to try another way until you achieve your goals. This is what we describe as having a positive mental attitude.
When you’re challenged, do you feel self-defeated? Or do you continue to move forward?
Learn to give yourself a mental push to keep on – ‘keeping’ on. Use affirmations to remind you that you can achieve if you believe! Knowing that you can persevere and expect to receive a positive outcome.
Today, say, “I intend to keep my positive outlook when facing challenges, seek solutions, and then act!”
1. How do I react when I’m faced with obstacles in my path?
2. Do I have a positive attitude that encourages me?
3. Do I expect good things to happen?
Copyright © 2020, The Savvy Woman CFE. All Rights Reserved.