About me and my approach
I have been practising Counselling for 21 years and Coaching for 10 years. Working with children, young people, couples and families – in youth services, family services and educational organisations such as primary and secondary schools. My experience and expertise are both national and international. Where I continue to improve the quality of your life by breaking through negative emotions.
In my practice, I support and guide you to understand and improve self. I help you dig at the core root of your problem to overcome and build your confidence in self and future wellbeing. Whether your problems arise from personal, family, work or social life and are a result of abuse, abandonment, loss of trust, loss of friendships, broken relationship, online dating issues, bereavement, redundancy, health or other issues. I help you remove feelings of anger, fear, anxiety, depression, loss, stress or others. Therefore, working through your problems while building positive emotions, rational thinking and controlled actions.
I help you achieve greater independence so you can take back control of your life. Remove repeated practices and regain trust in self. I work with 5 key benefits which help you feel valued, supported and achieve well-being.
- Values – to be self-aware of personal thoughts, beliefs and preferences.
- Autonomy – to share strengths, interest and abilities
- Life experience – to support understanding of self, past/present-day experiences including future hopes.
- Relationships – to provide activities and talk-therapy in a professional-collaborate relationship.
- Environment – to provide a confidential, safe and caring environment, valuing responses while supporting your needs.
Types of therapies used
I use the following therapies to cater to my client’s needs:
- Person Centred Therapy (Humanistic) an approach developed by Dr Carl Rogers (Psychologist)
- Emotionally Focused
- Parent-Child Interaction Therapy
- Solution Focused Brief (SFBT)
For more about me and what I do…read my interview.